MUA Melissa Michelle with Melissa Michelle Cosmetics is back and she is sharing with you her Top 5 Summer Makeup Trends and how to take care of your skin during the summer months. Summer is all about a fresh flawless face, especially for brides and their bridesmaids.
Summer Makeup Trends to Try:
- Lightweight skin – Instead of full coverage makeup or a “beat face”, opt for a concealer to spot treat dark circles, blemishes, and imperfections on your skin. You skin will look more natural, and your pores will be able to breathe.
- Bright Lippies – Whether it’s gloss or lipstick, summer is the purr-fect time to put on the Ritz with bold, bright hues. Coral, orange, and pinks work for every complexion and give lips the perfect pout!
- Glossy Nude Lips – Create summer-sexy nude lips by using a shade that neutralizes your natural lip color. Lose dark lip liner and add a sheer or clear gloss on top to give your lips a 3-dimensional flair.
- Eyeliner – Makeup should always look natural and effortless, but Summer means natural in a bold way. Change things up with a pop of color in ocean shades of teal green, ocean blue, and soft plum. Maintain that youthful look by avoiding an eyeliner that is the same color as your outfit – so old school.
- Highlighters – Give your skin a healthy sheen by using highlighters on your cheekbones. A little Summer Sass will have heads turning in your direction.
Recreate those Summer Trends Try something new. It’s oh, so easy to get stuck in your same makeup regimen day in and day out. Keep things fresh and fun! Trying a new shade or texture. Stuck in trying to figure out matte or glossy for your lips? Dare to be different. Base it on your mood!
Summer Skin Care Wear sun protection every day. Summer skies are filled with harmful UVA and UVB. Wear sun protection no matter how long you are in the sun. It doesn’t take long in the heat to age your skin. Look for moisturizers with an SPF or 15 or above.
Oily skin? Even if you have oily skin, moisturize every day. Pick an oil-free moisturizer with a lightweight texture.
Get the perfect summer glow Go for the glow!
Bronzers, unlike blush, come in shades that mimic skin tones.
Shimmer or No – Bronzers come in shimmer and matte shades as well as gel and powder formulas.
Matte Bronzers – Define parts of the face such as the forehead, jawline, and cheekbones.
Shimmer Bronzers – Apply to the apples of the cheeks and the center of the nose to add a dewy radiance to the skin.
Summer Lipstick Hues
Flirt a little with my favorites are pink, coral, orange, and nude tones.
Soft pinks are flirty and youthful for all ages in the summer.
Thanks to Melissa for all her great tips….what summer trend will you try this summer??? Share with us
Don’t forget to follower her on Facebook Melissa Michelle Beauty Trainer and check out her previous post on The Top Twenty Tips Every Bride Should Know about Makeup